Tuesday, December 11, 2007

the last of the beads (for this year)...

Okay, here's the last pictures of the beaded necklaces. There's only so many times I can show them...

A modeled shot of the bronze coloured loop necklace:

I've put an adjustable chain on this so it will fit anyone. This is for one SIL who will love it. I know her so well - we met when we dated then married brothers, and have become great friends beyond that. We have kids the same age who are the best of friends. She appreciates the hand made stuff even though she doesn't do it herself.

For another SIL, I went brighter. She loves blue and green and bright colours.

I didn't follow any colour pattern with this - it's just multicoloured glass seed and bugle beads in a random colourway. I'm enamoured of this pattern. It's another Brenda Franklin, not from her book, but bought as a separate pattern at the Kitchener Fair. I've got seed and bugle beads in a copper, bronze, pewter and gold mix, and I'm definitely making this again. For me.And to show how easy this is - here's the back. Simple garter stitch. The front just has loops of beads. Seriously, it's that easy.The clasp couldn't be easier. (But taking a picture of it was obviously hard, as I didn't...) I was in Walmart and checked the bead section. They had silver chain link bracelets with a lobster claw clasp. Hmmm, snip a chain link in the middle, and sew the ends to each end of the knitted piece. Voila! finished chain link closure. Sometimes I amaze myself...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely. Your SIL will be thrilled.

Aurora Lurker

Carol said...

Great knitted present. And it's highly unlikely to cause metal allergies too! Excellent for us sensitive gals.