Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The box o' knitting

I thought I'd show you the box that I've been tossing knitting stuff into once I finish it. It's down about half (I've already been wrapping lots of stuff), but it's still pretty good. It's a handy box to have - it sits in the corner near the computer, and every time I finish something, in it goes. Its fun to dig into it at this time of year - there's lots of stuff in there that I had forgotton about. Surprises like that are always a good thing. Of course, the fact that there's still quite a bit in there means I still have lots of wrapping to do... must bribe child with cookies to finish that up for me.

Like Stephanie, my scheduling has taken a hit. We've had a loss - technically not family, but if we could choose our family, they would have been part of it. It's a phone call no one wants to make or get, but K made it, and we got it. I feel so bad for her - losing a father is tough, and when you're the only daughter, it's really hard. She knows I've gone through it, and has asked if we could spend time with them. Of course we can - other stuff will get done when it gets done. Helping friends is the most important thing, and we do it gladly, albeit with a heavy heart.

1 comment:

Cindy G said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss. I'm glad you can be there for your friend.