Friday, January 12, 2007

two toes

The second pair of socks is well on their way - both toes have been started, and I'm heading to the heel turn on both of them, so I'm hoping to finish them up shortly and leave socks behind for a bit. Who am I kidding? I will probably cast on another pair right after. I have too much sock yarn to have unused sock needles hanging around! Actually, if I search around through the ziplocs of WIPs, I'll probably find a sock or two...

It's funny - at our Guild meeting earlier this month we were getting an update on the UFO challenge - in September, we list our UFO's and when we plan on completing them - there is a prize at the end, so there is incentive to finish. I listed my One Mitt Wonder mitts, with the hopes of getting these done.

No chance. I have no interest in them at the moment, so they will probably languish in a basket somewhere. Elizabeth was sitting next to me and jolingly asked why I had no problem with second socks, but these mitts were killing me. I had no answer to that. I had even thought about starting some fingerless gloves, but realized that I would have a tough time getting past the first one. Maybe I need to concentrate on this. The Guild prize is always nice, so there in impetus to get going on these...

Two random notes:

I got an email from my SIL the Icarus recipient profusely and beautifully thanking me for the shawl. It was a lovely note. However, she mentioned that she had sent a thank you card but "Canada Post seems to have failed again". I have never said that I didn't receive a note - I'm not in the habit of acknowledging thank you notes - it sets of a never-ending cycle. Why would she assume it hadn't arrived? Maybe because she didn't send it? I think my MIL has something to do with this, but I'm remaining silent on the whole thing. I know she loves it, and and I know she will cherish it, and that's enough for me.

Second, this is my 100th post! Woo and Hoo! I started this blog for no apparent reason - it seemed like fun, and it was a way of documenting my knitting progress and growth. Over the past 100 posts, I've made some friends, and discovered that a few people (Not just Lucky!) actually make a point of reading on a regular basis. Thank you to all those that comment, or just read and come back each day. You make it all worthwhile.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the socks look great & happy blog-versary!!

Anonymous said...

I bet I've never blogged about the fact that I also love to knit. Maybe I'm too busy writing about stitches and other pre-adolescent topics. I really should get out more!

Glad to find you!!
AG www.tinykingdom.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the 100th! I am not even sure how I found your blog... but it is one of my favorites, not sure why that is either! *lol* I guess you seem like someone I would like if I met you in person. I am excited that my first lace shawl is coming along! I have of course frogged to one of the first two life-lines I think 3 times, but tis part of the experience!