Monday, January 22, 2007

I wonder if my husband is worried...

So what did I do this weekend? Did I finish a sock (both are sooooo close...) Nope. DId I knit the angel skirt (the only oiece left...) Nope. Did I dig into the stash for a WIP (There's one or two (or three, or four...) to choose from... Nope. Did I go to the yarn store and not only buy new yarn, but new needles? And then buy more new yarn when I was out later on? Ummm, well, yeah. That's kinda what I did. WHo am I kidding. That's exactly what I did. I stopped by the LYS on Saturday and bought ridiculously long needles (100cm and 120cm long circs.) And some Lang Mille Colori. Then Sunday, I was at Michaels since Son's birthday is coming up and I needed some loot bags and stuff. Had to check out the yarns. Yes, they are still the place to go for baby acrylics in every pastel shade known to man, as well as the largest surviving herd of every type of fun fur type yarn. But they have Patons Classic Wool, Lion Brand Felting Wool and some other stuff. They also have Patons SWS - which I believe stands for Soy Wool Stripes or Striping Wool Soy. Either way, it's a soy-wool blend in lovely shades.
Once home, I fought with the ridiculously long needles, and started the Moebuis cast on. Hubby watched and just shook his head. You know what? It's not that tough. In fact, it's very cool. And the Mille Colori in seed stitch is turning out pretty nice. I may have hit on next year's Christmas gifts. Assuming I'll stick with it long enough to finish it.


I guess if I have to be fickle and flightly, my knitting is a better place for it than my marriage...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Regarding fighting with the ridiculously long needles. If you put them in very hot (boiling) water for a few minutes, they do relax somewhat. The picture does not look like they are addi turbos, so they won't completely straighten, but will be less of a struggle, I hope.
By the way, I made "loopy" scarves out of the Paton's Bohemian prize--for 2 friends whose birthdays are coming up soon. They will love them. And I enjoyed knitting with that fluffy soft chenille. Very nice.
Thanks.
Marlyce in Windsor, Ontario

Sandra said...

Marlyce,
I always use the hot water trick on circs - it works very well. THe fighting is the double circle on the Moebius cast on - because the yarn is looped over the needle AND the cable underneath it (really!) the first row can be a touch fiddly...

CatBookMom said...

Darn you, Chik! I've come to really love the yarns with this sort of coloring, and I just checked out the info on Mille Colori. Yarnmarket has it for $8US, and the yardage for a bulky yarn is amazing - 100yds! You are trying my resolve to Knit from the Stash. I'm going to abbreviate that in future to KFTS - too long to keep typing it!

OK, maybe I can assuage my yarn hunger with the Di.vé Autonno I have. Sigh.