Wednesday, January 03, 2007

back from the dead (sort of...)

I seem to have returned to the world of the living, although I'm not sure I have both feet firmly planted. I did go to my Guild meeting last night, and I am back at work today, so I guess I have recovered, but Man! I still feel like crap. I can't seem to shake this cough, and the lethargy is bad. It's an effort to just walk around. But I am, and that's what matters. There doesn't seem to be much fall out around the office as yet, but the chief idiot isn't here yet, so we'll see. My immediate boss (the best guy in the world to work for, by the way) has been running interference for me and has taken alot of the stress off me. I would work for this guy any time, any where, any job. He's that good.

Ok, knitting blog, right? I have been knitting! Even after the huge rush for Christmas, I never lost the urge to pick up the needles, so that's always a good thing. The even better thing? It's mostly about ME! Yup. I'm knitting things that I'm going to keep. Like the Harlot scarf i made out of Noro Silk Garden:

I love this scarf. Steph made hers out of handspun, but as I've said before, I don't spin, so I used the next best thing - Noro - colour #247. The pattern is brilliant - just one row to memorize, so great for sick knitting.
I've also started a new shawl/stole - I've had 800m of this Handmaiden Sea Silk for a while, waiting for the right project, and I think I've found it - the Melon Scarf from Victorian Lace today.

While this pattern looks complicated, it is sooooo easy! I'm not quite 1/3 of the way through the repeats for the centre panel, then there is the attached borner to add. The Sea Silk will not block out quite as much as the Kid Silk Haze originally used, but is should drape quite nicely. Plus, this brown, black, grey colourway will fit into my wardrobe quite nicely. I'm looking forward to this FO!
And because Hubby is wonderful and looked after me while I was sick (he made dinners, and even did dishes!), I'm working away on his Cape Cod socks. He's very pleased with this colourway - it's so him. Blue, gray, beige, a touch of very dark green - perfect for his wardrobe. My only concern is that this KnitPicks yarn is not superwash - Will have to keep the eagle eye out on laundry day...


Next - a recap of 2006? Probably not. I've only been blogging for a few months, so there's not a lot to recap. New Year's Resolutions? Nope. Never make them. I figure if something needs doing or improving there's no time like the present, so why wait for a specific day? Knitting plans for the new year? Maybe...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year and I'm glad you're better--although not yet well. I can understand being well enough to go to the guild meeting, but I want to caution you about returning to work too soon. Viral pneumonia is a major trauma to your system, and work is so stressful. So think about staying home for a few days if that's possible.
Marlyce in Windsor, Ontario

Anonymous said...

Just ease into it all carefully. And I think you've already recapped for 2006 with all those presents!!!

CatBookMom said...

Glad you're feeling better, and that you felt well enough to knit. I have the Cape Cod yarn to eventually knit for DH, too. He *loves* his Yukon socks, and they seem to be holding up very well, though I don't get them washed quickly enough for him to wear them often. They are very soft.

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that you are somewhat up and about. I will also say that you need to be careful, as pneumonia really does take it out of you! No need to have a relapse!