Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Just for CatBookMom...

Yesterday, CatBookMom left me a comment, saying how difficult I was making it for her to keep knitting only from stash. Well, I'm not knitting from stash only, and I never said I was going to make it easy for those that are (insert evil grin here...)
She and I have very similar tastes, as we both very much like the colouration of the Mille Colori that I'm using on my Moebuis cowl. The various browns and greys are really one of my favourite combinations. I've used them before here, on a chenille scarf for a SIL

I've even got a WIP using them - it's a ruffly scarf like this pink one, only in the brown/grey colours, using Kertzer Ovation (a silk/mohair blend, idientical to Kid Silk Haze, at half the price)

So, CBM, just for you...
here's the colours of the Patons SWS I picked up...

and a close up of the one that CBM may swoon over - it's got the bronzy browns and pewter greys, and shots of a lavender-y blue! That's right - her favourite colour!
Am I mean or what? It's probably a good thing that CBM is a continent and 1 country away - who knows what she'd do to me...

The Moebuis cowl is almost done - I think I'll do an attached I-cord border to finish it off. Then, probably start another one, maybe using a lacy pattern this time. Due to the nature of the construction of htese, the pattern has to be completely reversible, as both sides are seen.
And for those keeping track - two more people have quit where I work, and I wouldn't be surprised if one of them brings a discrimination lawsuit against the company. She has every right, just from what I have witnessed, let alone the stuff I haven't been privy to. Can you tell how much fun it is to come in every morning? The reason I haven't left yet is the old "the devil you know vs. the devil you don't" adage. I have a great boss (although his boss is brutal), it's an acceptable distance to drive, I have some seniority, and the money is good. If I'm going to leave, it's going to be for a place closer to home, and similar (not necessarily equal) money. Less responsibility might be nice, too. I hate bringing baggage home at night. Right now, I can afford to be picky, and wait for a great opportunity. Of course, tomorrow something may happen and that may change, and I'll take whatever's out there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...and think about Saturday. It will be fun! I'll email you...Love the Patons Soy stuff.It's nice, is it not? Reasonable price and makes for some funky colourways without being obnoxious.

CatBookMom said...

ROFL!!

I just got an email from my favorite LYS, announcing pricing for the 3rd No Football Super Bowl Party. Many of the sale yarns are 50% off, and any yarn not on sale will be 30% off. Anything in particular you want??? She's organizing a KAL for preemies in the local NICU, and fundraising for a group that helps support Chinese orphanages; she adopted her daughter from one.

So yes, I'll be stash enhancing, though the Cascade Baby Alpaca Chunky I really, really wanted has sold out the color I wanted, and I can pass on the others. Want some Karabella or Jade Sapphire Cashmere (looked like fingering weight) at half-price?

I'm going to go look at the Mille Colori - after all, if I can't get the specific yarn & color I'd allowed as an exception to Knit from the Stash (KFTS) - I should be able to substitute, right??