Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I hated to do it, but...

Remember this? This was taken a few weeks ago...

Here's where we stand now:

There were a few things wrong. First and foremost, the gaping ERROR I made in the lace pattern. LuckyCanuck and Elizabeth both looked at it and gave me the "W-e-e-e-l-l-l-l, it's not REALLY noticeable..." speech, which of course means it's INCREDIBLY noticeable, and they were just trying to be nice. Once I admitted it was pretty blatant, they both agreed far too quickly for me to believe they ever thought it was minor! But ladies, thanks for trying to spare my feelings!
This yarn (Handmaiden Sea Silk) is way to special to do a half assed job. Whatever I make will end up as an heirloom, and one I plan on keeping for myself, so I want it to be right. I may still make the Melon Scarf - I do love the pattern, but I will add a few repeats for width - I want more of a stole rather than a scarf, and the Sea Silk won't block out as much as a wool will. So for now, it's rewound and waiting for inspiration...

No comments: