Tuesday, January 23, 2007

knitter's meet up

Before anyone starts making plans, the meet up is really just LuckyCanuck and I. We're meeting in downtown Toronto on Saturday, as we are taking a class together through the Downtown Knit Collective. It's all about different cast ons and matching the cast on to the type of project, so it should be interesting and incredibly useful. It's also being taught by a member of my Guild, Elizabeth Fallone, so that should be fun! Lucky and I try to meet up a few times a year for things like this - we also add in lunch and a yarn crawl to make a day of it. I subway into the city, since this suburban girl hates driving and parking in Toronto, Lucky meets me, and off we go. Romni, lunch, knitting and a class. Yup - a good day all around.
We'll meet and head to Romni, then luch at a place that doesn't mind us sitting around knitting. We'll trade yarn, check out patterns and generally have a fibre filled day. I'm lookin' forward to it!

One thing though - Lucky, if you're reading this - less walking, more riding will be our theme. I broke my toe last night playing basketball. Yeah, I know, what an idiot. But at least I don't knit with my feet...

I did get the Meobuis finished except for the weaving of ends. I did an applied I-cord edging all round, which I love, but since I really just guessed with this whole thing, it's probably a little bigger than it should be, but I still love it. I'll take pics tomorrow.

2 comments:

CatBookMom said...

Oooooh, what fun! MT, with whom I had my own yarn crawl 2 weeks ago, found us a wonderful little Japanese restaurant that's very friendly to us staying and knitting for a while, even at lunch. Plus I always feel dietly-virtuous eating chicken teriyaki and a couple of California rolls, lol!

Have a wonderful outing, and come back to tell us the best ways to cast on for different projects, ok? I know several, but I always seem to use the long-tail cast-on.

Anonymous said...

Yikes, a broken toe!! The rotten thing about broken toes is there is really nothing you can do for them. A swollen foot for weeks and some Advil and what can you do?

Fun-o on Saturday!