Monday, January 08, 2007

Bang on!

You are a Black Coffee

At your best, you are: low maintenance, friendly, and adaptable

At your worst, you are: cheap and angsty

You drink coffee when: you can get your hands on it

Your caffeine addiction level: high


This is how I actually drink my coffee, unless it's a latte or cappuccino which by their very nature already have milk, but I still don't put sugar in it. I have 2 cups in the morning at home before I leave, and drink coffee most of the day. I will even drink coffee at night with no apparent sleep issues. (So far. knock wood and all that crap that this can continue). Here's the odd part - I'm not a fan of coffee ice cream or anything coffee flavoured, other than coffee.

I am usually pretty low maintenance - Hubby likes that, it makes things so much easier - I don't expect or want big celebrations or anything.

The cheap and angsty part I'm not sure about - cheap maybe - I always like a bargain, but I wouldn't describe myself as angsty - I pretty much roll with the punches.

I've got a "pair" of socks done - one of the Cape Cod socks for Hubby and one of the STR Metamorphics for me. I've started the next Metamorphic for lunch time knitting (I can squeeze about 5-10 minutes of knitting in, depending on what I am eating for lunch...) And the Melon scarf (gotta find a new name for that...) will look pretty much the same for a while yet. That's the problem with lace shawls / stoles - until you start adding the edging, they really don't look like much.

Speaking of lace shawls, I still haven't heard squat from my SIL who got the Icarus shawl for Christmas. Should I be pissed? (To be honest, I am, sort of).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would be, too. All that work. But maybe she adores it and it just hasn't occurred to her to thank you - some people are like that.

CatBookMom said...

Ditto what Lunadog said. I'm finding that knitters are far better gift recipients than the usual run of giftees. They respond and say thank you and have a few comments on the gift, etc. There's undoubtedly a reason for that, don't you think, perhaps 'do unto others...'

Anonymous said...

Me again. The alpaca/silk arrived today and I've just spent 10 minutes fondling it. Thank you so much! I've never won anything online before.

I'm planning to knit it into a lace scarf, which I'll be selling along with other knitted items to raise money for Big Heart Rescue (http://www.bigheartrescue.com). I'm one of their volunteer drivers. I pick dogs up at the airport and deliver them to their foster homes.

Isn't the postage insane? It costs less for me to send a package to CatBookMom in CA than for you to send one across Canada. That's nuts!

Heather G. said...

I would be pissed too... on the other hand, I haven't sent out my 'thank-you's either.

I just moved to T.O. and got here via your comment on the Harlot's blog. Very nice work! Love your pictures.