Monday, January 15, 2007

call me fickle...

So, not only did I ignore the Melon scarf, I barely touched the two socks. (Other than some doctor's office waiting room sock knitting - more on that later). So what did I do? I cast on a new project of course! I'm such a fickle knitter. It's not like there's a need for this item. I'm not even sure what I'm going to do with it. Probably give it to my Mom.


I've had this book for a while, and I've knit one of the smaller angels, but for some reason, I decided to knit one of the larger ones, using some of the hemp yarn I got from Elann a while back. It's a pale, pale pink, and my Mom is all about the pink, so she'll love this. The pattern calls for crochet cotton, but this hemp should work fine, especially once it's starched. I've also got the hemp in gold, so MIL will probably get one of these as well. They are supposed to be a Christmas tree topper - we'll see what they do with them...

Here's the book - there are 12 smaller angels, two large ones, and some bells. I don't know what caught my eye about this - I'm not really an angel fan, but both Mom and MIL are, so I was probably thinking "gifts" when I bought it. It's pretty fiddly - each piece is knit separate, so there are lots of ends. So, stay tuned...
About the doctor - Hubby made me go back to the doctor - I have not been able to shake this dry cough - sometimes I get on a coughing jag that ends up making me want to heave. (I hate to throw up, so I never do). Anyways, suffice it say, I'm now on antibiotics (doc thinks it have become bacterial), and puffers. I hate these things, but they do seem to help. We'll see.
To anyone else is the Greater Toronto Area - well. we wished for snow, and we finally got some. However, I asked for SNOW - you know, the white fluffy stuff. Mother Nature can take back the freezing rain and ice pellets that made my drive to work so bloody enjoyable this morning. Oh, and to the driver of the blue Yukon this morning? Yes, you are bigger than me. But passing me (and three others) on the shoulder only proves that you're an idiot. Nothing more. Hope you screwed your undercarriage, or ended up in the ditch, or your wife runs off with the plumber. Jerk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I too envisioned beautiful, soft, fluffy sparkling white snow in drifts with a sunny sky. I hate southern Ontarion snow sometimes. Snow it is not.

The Beau is from Calgary and says this freezing rain/icy sidewalks thing doesn't happen there. Truly unique to us. Yipee!

You fickle knitter, you. Heh heh.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Molly said...

Sandra--the package arrived on Saturday and the yarn is wonderful! A thousand thank yous for you thoughtfulness. I can't find your email address or I would have written to you privately. MT