Friday, January 05, 2007

Twelfth Night and random thoughts

Today is Twelfth Night. Not that we do much about it chez curlerchik. In fact, we pretty much ignore it. But, I'm on the road to recovery as is my Son, so we may have a wee celebration tonight consisting of... dinner. Yup, I've not been eating much lately, nor has Son, but he has recovered faster than I, so is starting to pack away the food again as only a 7-almost-8 year old can. If he eats this much now, I dread the teenage years. And to make matters worse, he's built along the lines of Hubby - they both pack away the chow, yet stay slim. Well OK, Hubby isn't as svelte as he once was, but still! I'd be a triple-wide if I ate what they do! Not fair!

Here's the random parts...
To the doofus that left a spam comment yesterday that I deleted immediately? I've said it before, and I'll say it again - STOP IT! Don't make me put comment verification on - it's annoying to me. Plus, why anyone reading a knitting blog thinks I need to buy GUNS and AMMUNITION is beyond me. I'm Canadian, people! We don't really like guns! Geez...

So how cool is this? I have a contest. People enter. They win. I send out prizes. (Is it strange to anyone else that it cost double to send a package from Ontario to BC as it does to send it from Ontario to ANYWHERE in the USA? Just asking.) People get the prizes. All's as it should be at this point. Then Marlyce does something phenonenal. She send s a donation to Doctors without Borders as a way of thanking me for sending her the yarn. Marlyce, there is no better way to thank me! I've mentioned before that I send my charity to specific organizations, most of which have touched my life personally in some way. MSF is a global orgaization that just does such great work, it's a pleasure to help them. Of course, one of these days, it would be cool that their services were not needed, but I doubt we'll see that in my lifetime. Thanks again, Marlyce! You really made my day!

I'm still knitting away on the Sea Silk Stole, and doing a little stash diving to see what catches my attention. Although, rather than casting on something new, maybe I should go at:
the Sea Silk
the Socks that Rock Metamorphic socks for me
the Fish Hat for Son
the Cape Cod socks for Hubby
the Whisper Scarf in cream Zephyr
any of the other multitudes of WIPs hanging around...

2 comments:

CatBookMom said...

Glad you are feeling better! We don't celebrate Twelfth Night, but our decorations stay up until this day (or the nearest weekend, lol!). Looking forward to pix of the Sea Silk stole progress.

TracyKM said...

We don't celebrate 12th Night, cause we've also been celebrating my Dad's birthday, used to do Ukrainian Christmas, my MIL's birthday, and now mine. Enough with the celebrating--all this in the first week of the year!
I'll put my 6 year old son up to your 7 year old in an eating contest any day, LOL. I can't understand how something so skinny can consume so much! Glad you're feeling better :)
(I've been away, so I'm sending hubby out to check the mail).