Friday, October 31, 2008

it's time...

pumpkins are carved: (jail idea totally ripped off from somewhere on the internet!)
bat-o-lanterns are made: candy is ready and costume has been created, but you'll have to wait for that picture - I wasn't dragging the kid out of bed for a costume picture - he is going out as the Sorcerer's Apprentice - all stemming from the hat he got at Disney World last year. I made the robe and hands, and he made the wand. I'm pretty happy with this.

We expect a large number of fairies and princesses, the usual too-lazy-to-bother-older-kids-dressed-as-hockey-players, Incredible Hulks, Iron Men and whatever other movie craze is big.
Let the mayhem begin!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMAZING! Wish I had a house to go all out for on Halloween. Apartments really suck at this time of year.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pumpkins!!!
Great job!!!!!!!
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wish people handed out wool for Halloween........

CatBookMom said...

Great jack-o-lanterns! I saw that jail idea elsewhere, and yours turned out so well.

With no kids here we don't decorate or dress up, particularly since the last few years we had less than a dozen kids at the door. So the front of the house stays dark tonight.

Sel and Poivre said...

Okay I've just decided I probably shouldn't post any pics of my pathetic (in comparison to those beauties you've created!)jack-o-lanterns!

Anonymous said...

BTW, my mom tells those big lug galoots that come to her door, if you shave and/or wear a bra, you get NOTHING.

Anonymous said...

That jail pumpkin rocks. If I remember I am so ripping that off next year.

Carol said...

Love the jail pumpkin!

Anonymous said...

super, brilliant pumpkins!
hope you had a good one!
helga