Friday, October 03, 2008

you ask, I provide

Someone wanted to see pictures of the results of bead spinning. Happy to oblige. The glass and stone pendants were all purchased (I haven't yet taken up glass blowing as a hobby), but the beaded strands are all my doing. It's amazing the assortment of jewellery findings one can find in stores these days - it really is easy to put things like this together. I'm having a blast doing it, and my son is usually eager to do his part - he strung quite a few of the beads you see here, as well, when I drag him to stores, he's willing to pick out the pendants that he thinks people will like. He chose the glass cross for my Mom, because he knows his Nanny likes going to church. (Yes, she is my biological mother - some traits just don't get passed down...). His Grandma will either get the white and grey one, or we will make a black and red one for her. The blue and green is for his buddy E - she's his "frenemy". Nine years old, and we are already dealing with gender issues. They are best friends, but don't admit it because she's a girl and he's a boy. They're either going to get married or be lifelong friends later in life. The amulet bags are generating interest among family members that have seen them, and they take so little time that's it's easy to give them away. GO ahead - try one. It's a free pattern from the Rainey Sisters blog. I may end up changing out the twisted cords for beaded strands, because, well, I can. Rachel H. has her eye on the green and black one - I was making it at the 1,000 Knitters Shoot at Lettuce Knit and she had a gleam in her eye - now, how to get it to her before next August...

And just to prove that I don't just look for the weird and bizarre when I drive to work:
an October sunrise from Highway 404.

6 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Every thing looks so pretty.

Nice sunrise. I'm been at work for several hours before the sun comes up, so I miss seeing them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. Love the beads! You'll have some very happy friends/family at Christmas.

A. Lurker

TracyKM said...

Wow, look at all the sparklies! So pretty! However, on my computer, the clear/white rings....remind me just a little of the new Nuvaring....yeah, okay, with 3 kids I DO have BC on my mind a lot!! LOL.

Anonymous said...

Very gorgeous pieces! You have your own little shop right there.

Carol said...

Ooooh! Sparkly! Love it. Wait, I have an amulet bag pattern adn some beads aroudn here....i'll be back...maybe...gotta go stahsh diving..

Anonymous said...

Look at all those! Beautiful!