Monday, October 27, 2008

busy weekend

Not much knitting done (some, but not much...) but sooo many other things got accomplished. Laundry was done. Cookies were baked. Cards were made.

Now, this is the quick and easy card style. LuckyCanuck makes some seriously stunning cards - she stamps, adds ribbon accents, and generally spend the time to make each of them a work of art. I know, because I've been luck enough to receive a couple.

I on the other hand, work for a sticker and scrapbooking company, therefore allowing me the luxury of many a short cut - chipboard cutouts, dimensional stickers, brads and so many other things that allow me to crank out upwards of 50 cards in a weekend. It also helps that I commandeered the dining room for the foreseeable future. At least until it's time to start wrapping the Christmas gifts. I can spread everything out and make a mess.

My MIL has expressed an interest in having cards made - she loves sending out cards for any and all occasions, and really likes the hand made ones. So, for her birthday in a couple of weeks - she's getting a bunch of Christmas cards, and then for Christmas, I 'll give her some all-occasion cards.

You see, working for this place makes it way too easy for me to buy this, that and the other thing as they come out, because I fall in love with that sticker, or that paper, or well, I think you get it. I see it, I want it, I buy it. So now, I have to use it. I've told myself no more buying stuff until I clear out at least 1 box of what I already have.

So I did - I cleared a box. Good thing too, I think we have some new stuff arriving this week...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love!!!

Saren Johnson said...

Nice!! I always buy next years cards after Christmas.

Carol said...

Got to clear room for hte incoming stuff! "incoming!" duck y'all. That's what it makes me thing. Kinda like a water balloon popping. Scrapbooking stuff everywhere...

Anonymous said...

Cool!