Wednesday, October 22, 2008

okay, did I miss something?

like, oh, I don't know, AUTUMN???
Environment Canada missed the mark on this one - they were calling for "partly cloudy" conditions yesterday. I didn't know I could accumulate 4 cm of "partly cloudy" on my lawn...
And, while I have not yet officially retired the flip flops, they are not in rotation quite as much lately. And for CatBookMom, who thought my love of flip flops precluded any use of high heels, may I present todays footwear?

and you can't even see the 8cm (3 inch) heel in this shot. I do loves the high heeled boot, when flip flops aren't appropriate...

8 comments:

Philosophical Karen said...

Oh, you got snow! Our area southwest of you didn't get any snow, but it's colder today than it has been for a while. It's supposed to warm up again tomorrow. I hope your snow disappears quickly and doesn't make a repeat appearance for at least another month or two.

Anonymous said...

I like them thar boots!

Anonymous said...

Oh, what beautiful pictures! Snow! So exotic and rare around these parts: in 21 years here, we've had a few flakes once or twice.

But then, we moved away from 72" in 17 days, so I do know the hassle it can be, too. But boy is it pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wow. At least the snow I saw yesterday didn't stick. And dude, I share your fondness for the high heeled boot. Big girl boots. Heh.

deirdre said...

SO glad I live down here - that would be just too much non-autumn for me right now...

and I am in total awe of you and your boots - I don't do heels, it's like a genetic flaw, and the thought of heels + snow? Well, let's just say I am impressed...

Carol said...

I sincerely hope that the snow is not a sign of what the winter is going to be like. Last winter was awful with a foot of snow every couple of days, it seemed. And the boots are fab! Love me some high heeled boots!

CatBookMom said...

My toes are feeling squished just looking at that pointy-ness. I do love shoes, in spite of not being able to wear fashionable ones any more. So I window-shop and try not to drool on the glass.

Snow. Yep. Back in Denver we used to have betting pools on whether the first measurable snowfall came before the end of September. I don't miss driving in it.

TracyKM said...

There is no way I could get my bunioned big toe in that boot, let alone the rest of my foot, LOL.
We got only a dusting of snow yesterday, how come you got so much?!