Thursday, October 16, 2008

state of my health

There have been some very nice comments lately, from people worried about my health. Let me take a moment to assure you that I'm fine. Regardless of what I may say or even imply - I'm pretty healthy (save for a few too many extra pounds, but I'm working on that). I get regular physicals. I have recurring things investigated (hence the MRI this week for the niggling, annoying knee problems). The sleeping thing and tiredness? Well, I lead a pretty busy life. I'm a Mom of one kid that is pretty active, and not yet driving, so I'm usually on the hook for chauffeur duties. Yes, I could arrange rides for him with other parents, but to be honest, I like watching his basketball practices, games, and swimming lessons. I'm glad he knows that we think his activities are an important part of our family life. (it's also great, enforced knitting time. I get more socks knit during these times than any other...) I'm also the wife of a medium sized business owner - a guy who takes the responsibility of keeping his employees employed - so he works some pretty intense hours sometimes. Which translates to much of the household stuff falling to me. Which is fine, but then realize that I also work at a reasonably demanding, yet very rewarding and fun sales analysis job, 5 days a week, that also requires some work at home time. My spare time is spent doing things I enjoy - spending time with family whenever we can, knitting, sewing, beading and cooking. Oh yeah, we also have two households, when you take into account the cottage that we share with family. And, my Mom's a widow and while still incredibly vital, she is aging (as are my in-laws), and I worry about her sometimes. I have trouble with idle time, although I'm often thought of as idle by those that don't consider knitting an activity. And when I do sleep (and I do! really I do - I love sleeping!), I sometimes have trouble turning my brain off from thinking about the things I am doing and want to be doing. I know one can medicate oneself to turn of the brain (a cousin of mine does this), but that's not my thing. I have trouble enough remembering to take vitamins!

So I do appreciate all the kind thoughts about me, especially since many of you have never even met me. The Internet has certainly expanded my world, while seemingly making it closer, if you know what I mean.

But I'm OK. Really I am.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been keeping my fingers crossed that your MRI results give you the kind of answers you are hoping for! Love your blog.

CatBookMom said...

You have so much going on in your life that it's no wonder you lose some sleep. You are great parents, making sure that your son knows that he and his activities are important to you. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

It's good you take time to do the things you enjoy - which will help with the stress levels. I don't think parents, good parents, ever get enough sleep. Wishing you much knitting time this weekend......

Carol said...

Life really does have a way of keeping you busy doesn't it? The good part is that you enjoy most of your life. It would really be awful if you didn't like your job for example!

Anonymous said...

I do know. We do know. Yes, absolutely re the internet friends--and re spending time with one's child while we can.