Monday, October 20, 2008

stalled

that's what I feel like. Everything I'm knitting on feels and looks like it did a week ago. (except the Trekking sock - that has grown.) The Kauni has one sleeve, done and hemmed:and the other is just started. That's the one problem with top down raglan sweaters - sleeves are a pain. There's a lot of wool in your lap, and you have to keep moving it as you go around and around on the sleeve. But it is worth it - I can see the end of this sweater, which means the beginning of wearing it. Once the sleeves are done, it's just a matter of cutting the steek, picking up the front bands, and deciding on a collar treatment. Hmmm, maybe the end isn't so near...
(And no, there isn't a perspective issue with the sleeve hem - I wanted a wide sleeve on this sweater, not one drawn in by ribbing, or reduced down along the length. I may regret it later, but for the moment, I like the wider sleever hem).

I've also been working on some Christmas gifts (yes, Stephanie, I know its only October, but I have a HUGE list...). There are some socks for the men, some scarves for the women, and plans for some mitts and hats. And jewellery - there's plans for lots of that as well. Now I just have to look at who's on the list, what's done already, match that stuff up and decide what's left to do.

3 comments:

Needles said...

The sleeve looks just lovely. Can't wait to see the finished article. (this is the part of a project where I wish all I had to do was wiggle my nose)

Carol said...

I like hte wide-sleeved look myself. As for Xmas knitting, i started it this weekend with a clog for a colleague's mother....

Carol said...

I like hte wide-sleeved look myself. As for Xmas knitting, i started it this weekend with a clog for a colleague's mother....