Tuesday, October 21, 2008

change of seasons

I may still be wearing flip flops, but the weather, she is a-changin'. Hence the morning drive attire:

Koigu fingerless mitts, and leather jacket. I love these mitts - perfect for driving and for fall. This was on my drive in, once I scraped the layer of FROST off my windows... It's also rainy and windy today. Great. I can deal with the cold, but I'd like the sun to shine, please.

And yes, it is that dark when I drive to work. Another bonus of the changing weather - the only time the sun is out is when I'm inside. Thankfully, I have a skylight right above my desk. (And as dark and early as it is, I know Knit Tech has already been at work for hours. I don't know how she does that...)

4 comments:

Needles said...

Light is one of the nice things about working at the sotre. I am bathed in yarn filtered sunlight all day. I go to work after the sun is up too. Contrasts to the previous 15 years of sunlightless work. Long may it continue.

There is always a chance that it won't. I am the newbie and if yarnies slow their buying habits, things could get tight. Thankfully I have lots of options.

Saren Johnson said...

You're scraping windows and wearing flip-flops?!

I get to work early because I leave early!!

Carol said...

I hate this time of year. I go to work in the dark. I go home in the dark. most times I am in a basement or the back of some huge department store with no windows so I literally do not see daylight for days at a time. Blech.

Are you still wearing flip flops?

Anonymous said...

Flip flops and frost with mitts and ... Okay, that's just plain nonpsychodegradeable. Totally. I like me some warm feet, personally.