Monday, November 03, 2008

a family's anguish

http://chumpletwrites.blogspot.com/

Here we play a bit of six degrees of separation. My friend-I've-never-met (because she lives on the other side of the continent), Catbookmom, is a friend of someone who is an online friend of the blogger above. This blogger, Sandy Cormier, is the aunt of a young man who's name is quite familiar in my area, Brandon Crisp. Brandon is a teenager who has been missing since October 13, when he left his home after a dispute with his parents about his obsession with an online video game. Check out her posts of Monday, Oct. 20, Saturday, Oct. 25 and Wednesday, Oct 29.

I have followed this story in the news, hoping against hope that every day I will open the paper and read, or hear on the news, about his safe return. The fact that CBM sent me the link brings home just how small the world is.

I will continue to follow her story, hoping to hear of good news. I cannot even imagine the anguish the family must be feeling - my thoughts are with them, and I will hug my son a little tighter until Brandon is home safe...

5 comments:

Needles said...

My heart goes out to his parents. Having been through the stresses of raising boys, I can only say there are no absolute rights and there are no absolute wrongs and with luck, time heals wounds on both sides. They are firmly in my heart and my prayers.

Anonymous said...

In my prayers too....

TracyKM said...

Wow, I've been following the story too. The internet really has both opened up the world, and shrunk it. We can be both friends with strangers around the world, and perhaps taken by strangers around the world. I can't imagine what the family is suffering right now and it's also nice to know there are strangers that do care.

CatBookMom said...

Thanks for posting this, Sandra.

It is a perhaps smaller but IMO better world for the way that knitters have connected via the Internet. When the Yarn Harlot was last here in LA, I mentioned to her that I knew you and she immediately said, "Oh, yes, curlerchik!"

TracyKM said...

:( It's just been announced, 1pm Wed. that Brandon's body was found. What a terrible tragedy, and hopefully a painful reminder when parents argue with their teens that a video game is not worth fighting over. So sad.