Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Halloween recap

The yard and deck looked pretty good, considering we threw up the decorations in a matter of minutes after getting home:
My child looked pretty cool (if I do say so myself!) The Sorcerer's Apprentice: (no mask, just my policy of not identifying my child on the Internet) We bought the hat at Disney World last year, and I made the robe and hands. Belt found in my closet. We had a great time out and about - fabulous weather, and houses with treats for the adults (Bailey's shooters seemed to be the norm...) that the walk was actually quite pleasant. My husband stayed home and gave out candy - most popular costume? Star Wars Clone Trooper. (CLONE trooper, not STORM trooper, as many a child was quick to correct.)


And best of all, just enough chocolate left over to treat ourselves...


Tonight - fear and scariness of another kind - Tonight I cut apart my Lopi Sweater! (Fear on behalf of the watchers - I'm actually quite looking forward to it!)

2 comments:

Needles said...

I'll be with you in spirit, cheering you on, with fingers crossed for excellent results.

How is it that something so common in so many cultures a long time ago, strikes fear in the heart of modern knitters?

Saren Johnson said...

Cute costume.

Are you going to document the cutting to share with everyone?