Tuesday, November 18, 2008

off the loom...

I mentioned yesterday that I took the alpaca scarf off the loom so I could put the pink Sterling on it.
Atacama Alpaca - dyelot - ummm, some sort of mottled brown tones... bought ages ago in Kitchener.
Warp and Weft threads the same.

I think I wove this a little tight - it's a pretty substantial scarf - well suited to a man - perhaps my 28 year old nephew. Not sure where it's going to end up. It needs the ends finished off - I'm thinking s short fringe, then a soak in Eucalan for softening.

I am loving my looms, both this one and the tiny little bead one...

4 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Both the scarves are amazing! Your making me want a loom.

Anonymous said...

It's very loomerific!

Anonymous said...

I want a loom too!

Sel and Poivre said...

I'm loving reading about your looms!