Friday, November 14, 2008

kid's toy?...

...or something else with which to play with beads??
This is a bead loom that was bought through my son's school book club. I had ideas of using it for a Christmas gift for a niece or friend of son's or something. Right. I had to take it out of the box to see what it was like - maybe it was too complicated or fiddly for a 10 year old. I mean, I HAD to check, right?

Then I had to try it out - you know, make sure it works okay, and the instructions make sense. Yeah, I'm keeping it. I'm on bracelet number 8 right now...


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are fantastic! How much was said bead loom? Let us know!

Unknown said...

If you start calling in sick to work and not eating we'll have to stage an intervention!

Anonymous said...

I had an almost identical loom when I was about 12 years old and I loved it!

Made many a lovely gift with it.

Carol said...

'just had to check if it was too fiddly'. Uh huh. We believe you. kinda. Maybe . sorta.

Needles said...

You know how little ones are perfectly happy with wooden spopons, and a pot, and how small boys can entertain themselves endlessley for hours wandering around picking up stones? I like to think that 'toys' are wasted on the young.