Saturday, November 29, 2008

I promised...

... a post before I left, so here it is.

Things at work have settled a bit, but Dudes, it was a rough week. First Monday, when too many friends lost their jobs, and I had to watch it happen. Then Tuesday - a funeral for the mother of a friend who, like me, was one of the survivors. Wednesday - a state of the union address for our department - they sound confident that we can get through it, so for my own sanity, I have to believe them. However, my resume is polished up and ready, should the need arise...
Thursday an Friday - hugely busy days, helping with the transition team, as well as helping in the back warehouse, trying to get orders packed and shipped for month end. It was hard, but satisfying work, but on top of the emotional issues, I was coming home completely drained.
Tomorrow morning, my Husband will drive the Kid and I to the airport, as we will be greeted at the other end by my Mom. Truthfully, as much as she loves me and wants to see me, I'm just there to make sure her grandson arrives. Once there, I'm superfluous. That's okay, down time on the beach or golf course if fine with me - I know the two of them will have a blast. I wish my Husband could come, but he's crazy busy and will use this week to get caught up enough that we will have family time at the cottage over New Years. Works for me.

On the knitting front - the Trekking socks have been completed, two pairs of bamboo socks will be travelling with me, some alpaca will be coming along, and plan to return as handwarmers, and I have a few bracelets worth of stones strung up to be knitted into bracelets. I can't find my USB cord right now, so you'll have to take my word on the above, but really I have been knitting. I've even been working on the stalled Kauni - I have about 4 inches left on the final sleeve, then it's the neckband, cutting the steek and doing the front bands. I still hope to have it available to wear on Christmas, but maybe not. I will have time off during the break to finish it if I can't.

So that's it. A rough week behind me, but an enjoyable one on the horizon. I'm hoping to come back refreshed and ready to work for two weeks and take another one off for the holidays!

Cheers!

4 comments:

CatBookMom said...

After such a week, you really need time to relax and enjoy some knitting. And beach time is a plus. You do know that even beaches are pretty chilly this time of year, well, not compared to snow, but you will need a sweater or two. (It was a big shock when I first got to a California beach in July, to find it wasn't swimsuit weather, not even short-sleeve weather!)

Anonymous said...

Phew. I'm glad you're still employed, glad you get to go visit, and glad there's another holiday right around the corner.

Needles said...

here's hoping for good weather, and much knitting and resting. A little break is good for the soul.

Carol said...

Take your word that you have beaded knitting ready to go? Of course. I know you ,um, like to knit with beads. and weave. with beads. Really. I do.