Wednesday, October 31, 2007

daily recap

Man, can my kid generate wax! You do NOT want to know how much crap was flushed from the ears of my child. Maybe he actually couldn't hear me, instead of just ignoring me. But he has no excuse now...

My family doctor, while great, has one fatal flaw for a knitter. He's on time. Seriously. Son's appointment was for 3:15, and we were in the examining room at 3:15. Since school lets out at 2:55, by the time I collected child, herded him into the car and drove to the office, I had no time to knit. I mean, really! What are doctor's waiting rooms for anyway? I used to be able to knock off half a sock waiting for doctor's appointments. By the way, this doctor also limits his practice enough that I called for this appointment yesterday. Yup - a 24 hour turn around. I could have seen him earlier, but I didn't want to take Son out of school. And he's a nice guy. And no, I'm not telling you his name - I don't need him to get more patients!

So while I did not get much knitting done there, I did have time between that, making dinner and getting to basketball practice to finish one fingerless mitt, and start another one.
Plus, I dug around in my Wellington Fibres stash to come up with some wool/mohair blends to make more. Between beaded bracelets and these, I may have Christmas in the bag...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the same for me at my dentist's office. They have all these amazing current trash magazines in the waiting room and I can never get into a good read of People. They're always on time. I think only once in the 18 years I've been going there, have they ever been late and I really enjoyed that day.

Needles said...

Strangely enough, I do know how much crap can come out of a kids ears. Its an issue for one of my now grown kids. Not a pretty thing. Your sons hearing will be a wee bit sensitive. If he seems a little off today, its because he probably has a headache, though he might not say anything. Quiet surroundings and lowered volumes will help.

Carol said...

I wish my doctor was even close to that! Lst time he was an hour late and I had to leave before even seeing him. The time before that they claimed I didn't have an appointment! Turned out the idiot nurse scheduled it for the day before.

Anonymous said...

I "complained" to my Chiropractor just last week about his persistent promptness - even when I arrive early I still get right in and get no knitting done as a consequence!

My husband has the ear thing and last spring I seriously thought about introducing the idea of hearing aids! Then in a routine check up they found huge blockages and immediately after that his hearing was right back to normal!