Thursday, November 01, 2007

nothing much new

Last night, my little demon (not attitude wise, he was actually dressed like a demon)
raked in the goodies, and while Husband took him around, I stayed home and shelled out to all the other demons, princesses, pirates and transformers that showed up at the door. Most years, we do a pretty good job of decorating the outside deck, but this year, illness and bad timing got the better of us, so we only had some basic spider webbing, and a few bats and spiders hanging around. I'm amazed at the number of people that commented! I had to promise we would do better next year... The pumpkins were a hit - I carve three - one for each of us. I'm still trying to figure out why, if we each have our own pumpkin, do I have to carve all three...

We had the usual amount of cuteness at the door - the little ones are so sweet! In our house, the smaller and cuter you are, the bigger the handful of chocolate and candy that goes in your bag.

My favourite costume of all time was a couple of years ago, when a little boy about 5 years old came to the door, dressed all in grey, with Barbie dolls stuck to him. I asked him what he was, and the proud answer was "I'm a Chick Magnet!" I laughed, and said that his dad must have dressed him. I still think that's the best.

Surprisingly, I got quite a bit knitted on Tubey last night - it was the perfect project, Not too small that it became fiddly, nor too complicated that it was difficult to pick up and put down. I'm about 5 inches past the short rows, so I put the stitches on a thread and tried it on again. I wanted to make sure that the short rows weren't too pointy. They're not - the fit is just what I was after, and I'm so glad I put in the short rows. The hem edge (where I am still knitting from is nice and level all around the torso, so the short rows did their job and covered the girls properly. I want to make a real effort on this - I'd love to have it read to wear on Tuesday at my Guild meeting, but knowing how easily I get distracted, I'm not promising anything...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chick Magnet! I love it!

Anonymous said...

And the Guild would love to see you wear it!

Anonymous said...

Go, Sandra! Go!!
Knit, Sandra!! Knit!!!
I'm dying to see the finished product!
Nancy

Saren Johnson said...

The demon looked very scary. I was going to say cute, but boys don't like being cute do they?

Chick magnet, that's great!

Anonymous said...

Your determination to make the fit right is inspiring!