Thursday, November 22, 2007

can't stay away from the beads!

I try. Really I do. I have lots of lovely wool to knit, using reasonably sized needles, with nicely formed tips - sharp, but not lethal.

But these keep worming their way back into the rotation...

They and their friends keep grabbing my attention, and force me to do things like this:

(the colour doesn't show very well here - think gloriously bronzy beads, on champagne coloured perle cotton..) Both of these are destined to become chokers for some SIL's that will love them.

And the needles are like this:

sharp (really sharp), and small. Small enough that my age is starting to show, and I am looking ABOVE my glasses to see this stuff close up. My husband keeps using the "B" word (bi-focals), but I'm resisting. I mean, why should I, when just taking off my glasses works just fine...

Added note - people, we're Canadian. Snow should not be a surprise to us. But judging from some of the people on the road this morning, they've never seen the white stuff before, and they certainly don't know how to drive in it...
And to my American Friends - I hope you have a wonderfully Thankful day. I know I have a lot to be thankful for, and many of you are part of it. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Needles said...

Its a darn good thing that I am really hormonally strong today. Not one of those weepy weak woman days where I fall for things just like this.

Cause this bead thing you do is almost worse than looking at spinning. Beads and wire will mean I'm not even safe at a hardware store.

Carol said...

Wow! them's some pointy needles! As for the snow....I think the whole country forgets how to drive when the first snowfall hits. It's collective amnesia or somehting.