Wednesday, November 07, 2007

lots to show!

So this was my deck this morning:
For those of you in Toronto proper, this is what happens when you move to the 'burbs. Your deck and plants get covered in snow. Those pots are herbs that I was still harvesting on the weekend. And will probably be able to continue with some. The sage looks okay, but my basil is now toast.

But regardless of the weather (there is no snow at my office in Concord, and at home it will be gone shortly, I'm sure), I charged the camera battery, and the flurry of finishing can now be shown.
The KnitPicks Dancing socks - Christmas gift for MIL:
The Fleece Artist fingerless mitts - probably a gift for my sitter's daughter. She's a fabulous soccer player, and she spends a lot of time with my son, practicing soccer. Plus, she's just a great kid:
A black seed and bugle bead choker - possibly for a SIL. I misjudged how much thread this was going to take, so there are only three beaded rows instead of the pattern's five. I may keep this, or give it away, not sure yet. I've already started another one, with finer seed beads, no bugle beads, and silvery grey cotton thread. It's another Brenda Franklin pattern, and I have to thank my husband - he made me some stainless steel 1.5 mm needles - gotta love a guy that has a shop with the ability to do this - I asked for needles about 8 inches long, and that's what he brought me! Now, if only I could get him to make me circulars...
And... last but not least... Tubey is done! I wore it to my Guild meeting last night, and Nancy kindly took some pictures. Here's the side view of Tubey - short rows in all their glory:
Funny, I originally typed it as Tubbey - I think that fits better. Must leave Halloween chocolate alone...
And the front view (which really does fit the name Tubbey):
I'm very happy with this sweater. Other than the fact that it is warm, I love the fit, the sleeves, and the yarn.
SPecs:
Tubey from Knitty (sorry for the link lack, but I'm drugged up pretty good. It turns out I have a sinus infection, and am on Zithromax. If this doesn't work, I don't know what's left to do...)
Modifications:
Different yarn. This project started with the purchase of 2 hanks of Sheepstrings hand-dyed yarn at Kitchener, that Stephanie and Rachel H decided I needed. (I did need it.) I found that I really didn't have enough to make what I originally planned, then remembered Emma's sweater, Rachel H reminded me of the pattern, and the rest just followed. I used Emma's brilliant idea of short rows, and they worked great. Covered everything quite nicely, and there is no pulling. Jen christened the sweater the Booby Tubey!

SO Nancy - no more of this talk that I don't knit sweaters! I do! (Just not very often...)

Next, gifts in the mail! I love getting packages in the mail...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's very Tubeylicious!

Needles said...

hehehehe, the booby tubey...It looks wonderful! Thank you so much for showing off the working of the short rows. It's is going to help me immensely. Well if the yarn ever comes that is. I'm to the point of considering the aquisition of alternate yarn, just to get a start on it.

I will leave now, contemplating the expression on mr needles face, if I asked him to make needles.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the blurry picture!!! I didn't realize it was so out of focus lastn ight or I would have taken it over. But the sweater is truly gorgeous!
Nancy

Saren Johnson said...

Sweater looks AWEsome. Now I'm thinking I need one.

deirdre said...

Love, love, LOVE the Tubey (definitely not Tubbey) - I bought some of the Sheepstrings yarn too, and am feeling inspired...

TracyKM said...

Love Tubey! I think I might like one of those too!
I've also got a sinus infection and my dr prescribed a nasal spray (Nasalnex?) and Zithromax but I'm hoping to hold off the Zithromax as I'm getting a whopping anti-biox for my stomach...turns out I have Giardia! I was just on Cipro two weeks ago, you'd think that would have prevented the sinus infection! I'm amazed that you've been knitting (and going to work). I've just been flaked out doing as little as possible!

Carol said...

Beauteous Tubey! and if you know of a way to make Halloween chocolate magically disappear, let me know, I am in dire need.