Wednesday, November 14, 2007

waiting...

I'm waiting rather (im)patiently for my copy of Selbuvotter to arrive. (I've ordered it from my LYS, Needles and Knits. I try to shop local when I can, and Tove's shop is so great, it's nice to support it). I've got the Shelridge yarns ready and there are mittens (a la Stephanie) in my future.

I may have to stop reading Steph. If she's going to insist on showing cool things to knit, and bringing up the Christmas countdown (41 days! ack!) I'm going to have to smack her with wet wool. Wet wool, fresh off a sheep. Wet wool, fresh off a sheep that hasn't been skirted.

I mean it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the best book. I have it and the author did a great job. Lots of patterns, and very well written. You'll love it.

Molly said...

I second lucky canuck; it's a wonderful book. I had the pleasure of meeting the author at the Nordic Knitting Conference in Seattle in early October and she is a delightful person. There's a yahoo group and a Ravelry group for Selbuvotter fans. But the book has so many beautiful patterns that I haven't been able to decide on which to knit first.