Friday, November 16, 2007

fall down, go boom...

I kinda fell the other day. Metaphorically, I should add, not physically. The only thing I hurt was my credit card balance.

You see, I was reading Rabbitch, and she was mentioning some yarns she had for sale over at the Sweet Sheep, and how one of them was her favourite. So I hopped (hopped! get it? Rabbitch... maybe it's just me.) over to the Sweet Sheep to take a gander (I have an animal thing going here, I think) .

Rabbitch's fave was "Anthem" which is lovely, but I kept looking and found "Black Watch". Whoa. Hubby's grandfather was in the Black Watch, Hubby has his regimental tie, and well, it's an important part of his heritage. So I had to get it. And then it looked so lonely in the shopping cart, I just had to add to it.
I ordered on Monday (?) I think, and it was waiting for me when we got home. My son gets to the door first, and sees the package. He picks it up, gives it a squeeze, and says "It must be for you Mom, it's yarn." My Boy! I've got him trained so well, he can tell yarn through plastic Canada Post packaging.
How's this for customer service? Not only does it arrive fast, it arrives all packaged up so pretty:
Pink tissue, label and a handwritten thank you card. "Candy for your Stash" - you got that right!

Rabbitworks Toe Jam - "Black Watch"
C*EYE*BER Fiber - Gregory
Dream in Colour Smooshy - Good Luck Jade
The black Watch is perfect - black and just the right shade of green. Hubby approves, and has asked that they go to the top of the queue. It's wound and ready.
Mama E's C*EYE*BER Fiber is lovely. The perfect brown/blue combination that I am in love with. This may go to the top of my queue...
And the Smooshy. Swoon. Green is my favourite colour, and this is really, really nice.
I also bought the Tulip baby sweater pattern. (See Steph? Your influence again...) I have no babies on the horizon. None. The only person I know that's even getting married will not be baby making. (It's Hubby's 85 year old uncle, and we are thrilled for him and his bride-to-be).

Be warned - a visit to the Sweet Sheep can be dangerous. Fun, fulfilling and a joy, but dangerous to credit cards...

5 comments:

Carol said...

I am making a concerted effort to stay away from yarn shops, online or otherwise. Except tomorrow I have a spinning class at my LYS......

Needles said...

Geez, and here I have to go to the yarn store today to replace some broken needles. I just didn't need to see this really great yarn.

Well I did, but you know...

Before I was led down the garden path to socks, I was content with acrylic. I know, I know, but I didn't know any better. My wallet liked me. My hubby didn't get this odd look on his face nearly so often. And I didn't know the post office people by their first names.

(Ties in vain to NOT link to Sweet Sheep)

Anonymous said...

OOOoooh, I like the green Smooshy! I love this mail. It's like Christmas for yourself.

Anonymous said...

thanks! That colourway is named after my brother!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! Very cool!