Thursday, October 25, 2007

Crap.

This is bad. Very Bad. You all know the isues I have with the people that own and run the company I work for. Let's just say "integrity" is not a word in their lexicon. (actually, they don't understand polite, understanding, compassionate, nice, upstanding or a whole lot of other words, either).

The one beacon in this hellhole is my immediate supervisor, D. D is great - I've known him for years - we met when I worked for Sega and he was at Toys R Us. When I was job searching, he found out, and called me for this job, and they hired me right away. We have a fantastic work relationship, and I've said for months that he is the only reason I am still here. (You can see where this is going, can't you?) D resigned yesterday. His level for crap tolerance hovers around mine, but he gets more of it, so he reached his limit first. He also had some great networking help, which will now be helping me. I have made him aware of my job search, and he is all for helping me escape. Actually, he can't promise anything, but he's going to see what can be done where he's going. Keep those fingers crossed.

Yeah, life took a significant down turn when I heard this. I really don't know what to do now. He's going to be missed. And my work environment is going to suck. Large.

6 comments:

deirdre said...

fingers and toes crossed for you - hopefully there's something better soon!

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed as tightly as I can get 'em.

Anonymous said...

Don't think of it as the loss of a great boss, think rather that you've gained an advocate and asset that will facilitate your escape at long last! In the meantime, you deserve an evening of knitting with a nice glass of wine!

Carol said...

That sucks. I've been in similar situations and actually wound up quitting once without another job to go to! Not as dire as it sounds, freelance work in my field abounds, but still. Here's hoping some networking pays off and you get a new spot with a better environment and a HUGE raise!

Anonymous said...

That is a major drag. Hopefully he will be able to take you with him.And at least he now knows you are looking and can keep an ear open. I wish my boss would leave.

Saren Johnson said...

Sending you happy thoughts! Another job is right around the corner.