Friday, October 26, 2007

good news, bad news, and more of the same

The good news:
I'm goin' to Disney World! (I feel like I've just won the Super Bowl, or something...) But seriously, next month, we are Magic Kingdom bound. Usually, every November, I go to Florida and spend a week with my Mom. Quite often I bring along a girl friend and we shop, golf, sit by the pool, shop, go to the beach, shop, drink and shop. This year, Hubby and Son are my travelling companions, and we are going to the House of Mouse for a few days, then heading to my Mom's place. A much needed family break. We haven't told the young one yet - it's a month away, and I'd like him to sleep between now and then...
And Tubey! The short rows have been completed, and I took the time to sew in ends last night, so now it's straight knitting until it's the length I want, and done! I really hope to have it finished for my next Guild meeting. I even have some unflattering pictures of it in progress. Understand that the photographer is 8 years old, and I made him stop watching TV to take these.
The above two shots sow the rows at half completion - I was very happy with the coverage. THe one below I took this morning - Short rows complete, and while it looks as though Madonna could fit one of her cone bras in here, I'm pretty sure it will smooth out nicely.
The Bad News:
It's my boss's last day. He's not sure what he can do for me, but he's going to do some networking. I know the owners are very nervous about me jumping ship as well. They are bending over backwards to compliment me and do what they can to make me want to stay. I'm pretty sure I'm moving desks again - getting a window and a ton more privacy, but I'm not sure that it's enough. I'm going to make the best of it - I don't want to jump from this situation to something worse, so there is some information gathering to be done. ( and lottery tickets to be bought!)
Thanks for all the good wishes on my quest to get out of this place. WHile it is a bad situation, at the moment I can deal with it, mostly because they are TERRIFIED that I'm going to leave.

The Same Old:
Tubey continues on. Sock knitting continues on. I want to start some fingerless mitts for some of the teen girls on my list (and probably for me, as well!) I've got a great stash of Wellington Fibres worsted weight that will be perfect for these, and they will be great portable projects. (good travelling projects)

5 comments:

deirdre said...

Tubey looks great - nice shaping!

Carol said...

the shaping looks good! Can't wait to see the finished item. As for the job thing....sometimes it can be fun when they are scared you'll leave. Take the opportunity to get some perks. could you work from home a day a week, for example?

Needles said...

Tubey looks wonderful. If having bust side shots taken of a wip to assist others isn't valor, I don't know what is. Any woman rightfully fears such a thing. Being a skilled knitter, you have no idea what I was thinking the short rows were going to require me to do (though I am sure when I was actually knitting it, I'd have gotten it straight), and you have saved me from needlessly impaling nice yarn in stupid ways.

But I can see, I really am going to have to learn wraps.

Janis said...

Tubey looks great! I love bust shaping. I didn't think it mattered until I did it on a tank top and hoooly crap, does it ever. Especially when I'm constantly hovering in DD territory.

Also: Disney World! Awesome! Lots of pictures please, mostly because I'm jealous.

Anonymous said...

Uh oh...
is it a bad sign that it's noon on Monday and there's no new post???
How's it going???
Hang in there!
Nancy