Friday, December 01, 2006

owwwww...

I knew I hated big ass needles for a reason. My hands hurt. At least it will be over soon, and I have enough other projects to turn to when the silk and 15mms get to be too much...
Icarus is being resurrected - I have about 8 rows left. Each row has a little over 500 stitches, and they are full of YO's, K2tog's and K2togtbl's, so each row takes a fair bit of time, because of course I'm interrupted by son, hubby, phone, tv etc. Yes, the TV interrupts me. I like TV, and watch a fair bit, usually knitting through it all. For the most part, I don't have to watch my knitting, if it's straightforward stuff, but this lace weight alpaca on 3.5mm needles demands your attention - all the time. I had hoped to have Icarus done and blocked before my Tuesday Guild meeting, but I highly doubt it - the weekend was busy. I also did a bad thing - All the charity knitting I had ready for my December Guild meeting? Gone. My Mom was telling me about her church charity being short on kids hats and stuff, and she felt bad that she didn't do as much since she was laid up after her surgery. So I gave my stuff to her. I guess it's not really bad - charity is charity, whether it's York Region or Peel Region. But, I'm going to look like a slacker on Tuesday night when all the other Guild members pile up their donations. So, if any of you are reading this, I'm sorry!
I'm also going to be sweaty at the meeting - Tuesday is also my son's last basketball practice until January, and they are having a "team vs. the parents" scrimmage. Unfortunately, the coach knows I was a point guard during high school and university, and hubby was a power forward, so we've been hit up to play. Great - I get to be shown up by a bunch fo 7 to 10 year olds, then get to go to a knit night, and feel inadequate. At least it's our holiday pot luck night, so there will be lots of good food to partake of. I will be bringing caramel cheesecake bars - hopefully that makes up for being sweaty...

And,added late, because I write some of these ahead of time... it was a good and bad weekend - good because I have pretty much finished up my shopping other than the last minute lottery ticket, candy stocking stuffers - a short trip to Shoppers Drug Mart, and we're done. Plus, the knitting is on track for getting done. Bad becasue I'm waiting for a phone call any time now. "M" is in hospital, and well, she's not coming out. She's my best friend's Mom and my Mom's best friend, so by process of elimination, she's a pretty damn good friend of mine. She's closer to me than any aunt, and is the next best thing to my Mom and my MIL. And it's not fair. So if I'm not at Guild on Tuesday, or not around here for a while, well, you know why. And if that's the case, have a cocktail for M. She always appreciated a good Martini, or an "Orange Blossom". At least my Dad will be saving her a good seat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. It always seems even more difficult during this season.