Wednesday, December 20, 2006

beaded knitting



Because I really have nothing else, I thought I'd show off some beaded knitting I've been playing around with. I took a course in the basics at the Downtown Knit Collective's April Knitters Frolic, and have gone on from there. It's very addictive, but since this is made with 1.0mm needles, it's a bit time consuming! This is a little bag/necklace I made, not following any pattern, but simply working off the top of my head. I think it turned out pretty good, and I've never given it to anyone, even through I usually give away most of my knitting, and pink is not my colour! I guess I'll have to do more of the bead knitting so I can give this piece away and still have evidence of being able to do this. After the class, I ended up buying a whack of beads and the perle cotton needed, but haven't got back to it. In the fall at the Kitchener Knitters Fair, I picked up a beaded knitting book with some very pretty jewellery pieces that I want to get at. Maybe once the holidays settle down, I'll pick it up again. Or maybe during, if someone annoys me. Thes 1.0mm's are steel and sharp! The perfect weapon of someone interrupts my counting one more time...

I really have to apologize for the crappy pictures. There is no light when I'm taking pictures, so I end up having to use the flash, or depending on the halogens in my kitchen, neither of which is an option I like. I'll try to do better, I promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE beads so much, I need to learn this technique someday!