Friday, December 22, 2006

holiday wishes

My very best wishes to you, whatever you celebrate. And if you don't celebrate anything, have a kick-ass long weekend!
I will be off, celebrating with good friends (the golf socks will be given on Saturday... the hockey hats have been delivered and will be opened in Barbados, and the bamboo scarf and regia socks will be given on Sunday night), and family - most of the rest of the knits and other gifts will be exchanged in a whirlwind trip around the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) on Monday. Regardless of anything else, it's being with the people I like and love that make this time of year so great.

On another note, there is all kinds of talk about Wendy's "Knit from your Stash" project for 2007. Sorry mates, this is one knitter not partaking. As epically proportioned as my stash is, if I see something I like and want, and I can afford it, I'm buyin' it! Life's too short to ration my yarn. I will however, make a more concerted effort to finishing up some things - there's a Fiddlesticks Whisper scarf in Jaggerspun Zephyr that has recently resurfaced. And some Socks that Rock for me. And... well who knows what 2007 will bring. Hopefully, nothing but good things (and a new job for me).

A final thought - Stephanie is working hard for MSF. Now, I realize that we can't all donate to all the causes that come our way. I myself limit my charity to Muscular Dystrophy, Cancer Society, MS and Heart and Stroke - all things that have touched me personally. But I have also added Heifer International and MSF in the past few years because of the good work they do. If you can, do what you can. If financial aid is not in your budget, (and I know it's not possible for a lot of people), then think good thoughts for those that need some help. I've donated to MSF, and I've also given Steph 10 sets of my hand beaded stitch markes to distribute. It's a small thing, but it brought a smile to my face, and it gave me a chance to explain what MSF does to my son, while he helped me package up the markers.

Okay, enough of that. I'll return to my regular scheduled apathy after the holidays. Cheers, all!

2 comments:

CatBookMom said...

We do choose carefully where to send our contributions, knowing, as you do, that it's not possible to support everything, and we try to balance world-wide charities with those close to home.

Knowing your penchant and skill with complex hat patterns, I just came across this and thought you might not have seen it.

http://www.knitpicks.com/books/itemid_30864/books_display.aspx

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Have fun giving your gifts and I'm sure we'll be emailing during work next week!

Bring out the wheelbarrow, 'cuz that's what I'm gonna need to cart me and my full belly out the door Monday.