Thursday, December 21, 2006

and the winners are...

SInce tomorrow is going to be crazy busy, I present...

The final gift knitting tally!

10 pairs of socks...

3 sets of slippers and a belt...

10 assorted scarves...

9 different hats...

4 more slippers and a pair of socks...

And a rather nice lace shawl!

2 more scarves, (the mohair one has big tassels on the ends...


And the "not quite done" stuff...
green cotton socks for my MIL
Knit Picks cape cod socks for Hubby
Cotton sweater for Hubby
Fish Hat for Son


so the final tally is:
41 complete
4 incomplete
7 total charity (2 to my Guild, 5 to my Mom's church)

52 in total! Man, I've got to scale back next year...

So, since no one got it right, and there were so many variables, and since 11 people entered, I figure, prizes for everyone! To make up the difference in 8 prizes and 11 winners I will throw in: 2 sets of beaded stitch markers, and a mystery prize! If you choose the mystery prize, you never know what kind of yarn you will get! You'll have to trust me! I used the random number generator, and came up with the following order:

TracyKM
Lunadog
Nancy
Smariek
Lee
Marlyce
Heide
Mary Tess
Jen
Lisa W
LuckyCanuck (sorry Lucky! guess it's obvious I didn't play favourites!)

email me at: curlerchik AT yahoo DOT ca (substituting appropriate symbols) with your top four picks of prizes from the following list and your email and snail mail address so I can send these out. I can't guarantee you'll get your pick, but I'll do my best.

PRIZES:
4 balls Patons Bohemian
6 balls emerald green blend
6 balls regal purple blend
1 100g ball Regia sock yarn (makes a pair of men's large socks)
1 100g ball of orange cotton blend sock yarn (makes a pair of men's large socks)
4 balls Elann Peruvian Highland Wool in Sapphire
3 balls (440 yds each) (less a bit) of Knitpicks 100% merino lace weight in Jewels
1 ball (440 yds) of Knitpicks alpaca/silk laceweight in Grape Hyacinth
1 set of handmade beaded stitch markers
1 set of handmade beaded stitch markers
mystery prize

thanks for playing, and have the happiest of holidays, or just a fantastic long weekend if that's what you celebrate. I will be offline for a bit, enjoying time off with family and friends. Prizes will be sent off soon..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, I knew photographing all the masses of things you made would make for amazing photos! You did a great job and the pic of the hats is my fave.

So whatcha gonna knit now for YOU?

Anonymous said...

You are a knitter to admire!! I will have to keep plugging away to even come close to meeting your grand totals for ALL of next year!!

TracyKM said...

I don't think I've knitted that much in the past 5 years total! Thanks for making my day! My week! Now we get to see all the relatives and get sick all over again :)

smariek said...

What a pleasant surprise on Christmas morning! Boy you've been busy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was pretty close to my favourite number of 42 completed projects - congratulations! Ripley says when he wears a sweater that I have made he can feel the hugs in it. I hope all your recipients feel your love too. Merry Christmas to you and your family.