Wednesday, December 06, 2006

done, done, done, done and done.


that's 5 more things done for Christmas gifts.
There's the big ass needle scarf for one SIL.
A white and blue hat for my nephew. (One more hat to go for my son, but I have either lost my ability to count, or have cast on the wrong number of stitches - stay tuned).
Chenille scarf (highly fringed) for another SIL - yarn from Yarns Plus, melon colourway, thinner than the pewter and bronze, and just as nice to knit with, although I ran this stuff through the machine this time. 2 hours, start to finish, even with all the fringe.
Another woven scarf - this time made with stash yarns for my niece.
Another ruffled scarf for a co-worker.

Obviously, it was a productive weekend, even though I spent alot of it driving hither and yon. Speaking for driving - this is my current drive to work and other destinations - construction, plus snow. What I want to know is this - if we Canadians are so used to snow, why does the first drop of it paralyze the drivers around me? It seems they lose the capability to deal with the dusting (dusting, people! We're not talkin' a blizzard here!) we got on the weekend.

Add to it that a road I travel often is being seriously rebuilt, and well, it was a bit of mayhem last Sunday. Annoyed me to no end.
(And yes, I took this picture while driving, but we weren't moving fast. Really.)
There seems to be a lot of annoyance in my life right now - centred on my place of employment. Even hubby has had enough with the crap around here and is urging me to leave sooner rather than later. So now, instead of "sort of lookng around" I'm seriously on the hunt. Wish me luck...

2 comments:

CatBookMom said...

We don't get snow here in SoCal, but the same effect occurs when it first rains. It would be hysterically funny if it weren't a bit scary, as it is for you in those first snowy days. Your picture brought back vivid memories of trying to drive defensively in Denver with black ice, snow, and idiots who thought their 4WD vehicles meant they couldn't skid.

TracyKM said...

You call that snow? Come up here where the snowplow has already been cursed at up and down the street, LOL. We've got snow, baby! And I've got no hat that covers my ears and doesn't make me look like a dork.
When you do the scarf on the machine...are you doing the inc/dec every other row like you would when you handknit that sort of scarf in garter stitch? I've been scared off doing diagonal things on the machine cause I know in handknitting, stockinette doesn't have the same cool row to st gauge ratio and I've seen detailed, eye-glazing articles on what you have to do to make a square on the diagonal in stockinette....
And do you know what colours to make scarves in, or do you guess? I might do one for a gift game, but what colour?