Thursday, September 18, 2008

planning

Sel et Poivre made a good point recently - cleaning out the summer knitting detritus and organizing for fall - the real New Year in Knitters' minds. Wool feels right at this time of year.

I have plans - oh so many plans!

I want to finish my Kauni, NOW! I've got about 2 more inches of body, then sleeves, then the banding. I'm hoping for a Christmas debut.

I want a simple black top down raglan cardigan.

I want another cardi - in my blue and brown Silky Wool. I've got a book - Custom Knits by Wendy Bernard which is all about top down sweaters - and there are some stunners in there.

I want my ordered copy of Stephanie's new Book, which should have come with the new Mason Dixon book, and I want it NOW! (The Mason Dixon book is pretty awesome, as well).

I want to get my Christmas knitting organized - who should be getting what - to see what I still have left to make. (I'm hoping for lots of beaded projects - they make me happy to knit, and they're small and quick.)

And, I want to thank those of you who commented on "priorities". Having kids is a choice, and one we thought long and hard about (I was in my late 30's when we took the plunge). It's not for everyone, and I applaud those that make the conscious decision not to. Peer and/or family pressure are the absolute worst reasons for having a child, and in this day and age, with all the options available, "accidental" children should be few and far between. We still get heat for only having one, as if it was the choice we made. We would have loved another, but it didn't happen, and at this stage, it won't happen. We're happy with how things are, and if my lifestyle doesn't suit you, no problem. It's MY lifestyle. I try not to push my opinions on others, and I expect the same in return. I need not, nor do I want, judgements on what I do, and how I raise my child, or how I live my life.

I told my friend that in so many words over lunch. Once she stopped trying to fit my life into her definition of what she thought it should be, lunch became much more pleasant.

She's still trying to get me to use her (massively expensive!!) hairdresser. Not going to happen - I hate it when my stylist has clothes that cost more than my car...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you!
Sweaters are what I want to be knitting right now too!
I really wish work would be a little more understanding right now. I promise I will get right back to them the very minute I finish the 4 sweaters that are singing my name!
Nancy

TracyKM said...

Could you do the simple top down black raglan on your LK150? :)

Carol said...

I completely agree ont he multitude of options available. I am shcoked at the number of women in my immediate circle (personal, not proffesional) that have "accidentally" gotten pregnant while on the pill. Which has a less than 1% failure rate. When taken of course. I think that's the sticking point. They always claim to have taken it correctly. Anyway, I wish they wouldn't lie to me. Just because I don't want kids doesn't mean I judge them because they do!