Tuesday, September 09, 2008

COuntdown to Kitchener

Ah, September - kids back at school, chill in the morning air, and the Kitchener Knitters Fair! Right up there with the Knitter's Frolic in April.

Plans are being made - Lucky and I meet up and shop and lunch until she either leaves, or my bus leaves. We of the York Region Knitting Guild band together with the Barrie Guild and get a bus to take us there. No driving means more knitting time. There are also draw prizes - I know I have about 10 prizes to donate! Lucky is even donating a couple of prizes to the cause.

Wish lists are being formulated. I'm after a couple of sweaters' worth of yarn - enough worsted weight for Manon - colour to be determined, and some black wool for a go-everywhere cardigan. I know there will be Kauni there, but I think I'm well stocked on that, unless of course I fall hard for the black/cream/grey colourway...

There may also be some bead kits purchased. One can never have too many sparkly things to knit, can one?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a great time!
i'll be with you in spirit.
helga

Sel and Poivre said...

It sounds like a great time. Enjoy!