Tuesday, September 30, 2008

great. I'm obsessed again...

Beads. Damn beads. I swear I was a magpie in a former life, because I can't seem to stay away from the sparkly things. And trust me, I don't wear them! I may wear one of my bracelets, but usually the matte stone ones, not the sparkly bead ones. I may wear colour, but again, nothing with sequins on it. I'm probably even giving away the black sequined scarf I wove, because it's a little too sparkly for me.

So why can't I stay away from them? I'm drawn to them like male cottager is drawn to a new boat. (Let's guess what our conversations at home have been revolving around... anyone??)

I've been spinning and stringing beads in all manner of colour combinations, using up the seed beads I've had hanging around. (This is good, right? Using up stuff that has been hanging around? It's not like I've been buying them... much... okay, well, maybe a few, or so... damn - okay, I'm buying them as well).

SO I've been spinning ans stringing, and making the basis of necklaces, and then matching them up with the pendants, and, well, making shiny sparkly things to give away.

6 comments:

Sel and Poivre said...

What could be better than doing something you enjoy to give lovely gifts to others that they will enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, pics please! I love the beads!
A. Lurker

Anonymous said...

I even love sparkly fun fur yarn. For visuals ONLY. Just wanna keep that clear.

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I've got Randy Newman singing in my brain about short people and their beady little eyes...

Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised?!!!
Bead On!!!!

Carol said...

I was a crow in a previous life. If it is shiny, I want it. ASo I understand completely.