Friday, September 12, 2008

argh!

I have to make a phone call this morning. I need an MRI on my knee, and the hospital called yesterday to tell me it's been booked. My doctor wants this done quickly, so they booked it for Sunday, October 12 at 8:15am. Great. Thanksgiving weekend. I don't think so. We get the cottage ready for winter on that weekend - there's a fair bit of work that I need to do. So now I have to call and see if I can rearrange this, and not have to wait until February for the next appointment.

What do you think my chances are?

Yeah, that's what I thought.

Crap.

***E.T.A.***
well, what do you know? Calling early in the morning has it's benefits - they had a cancellation last night, so I got my appointment moved to Tuesday the 14th at 5:00pm! Soooo much better! Guess I'd better order the turkey from the butcher...

5 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Good for you!!

Carol said...

Quick, buy a lottery ticket!

Anonymous said...

There are times when it pays to call every day, asking if there's been a cancellation--the squeaky wheel grabs the appointment. I'm glad that one worked out so well! Hope your knee heals quickly.

Philosophical Karen said...

Don't you love a country where you get an appointment in four weeks and it counts as "quickly"? I know, I know. I shouldn't complain. At least we don't have to pay for it.

TracyKM said...

Gosh, maybe I should try that with my rheumy appointment. I'm expected to be in Brampton at 7:30AM....did they not read where I was coming from when they stuck it in the envelope?! It'll be almost 6 months from the apt. with my GP when I asked for a referral. But it's FREE, LOL.