Friday, September 26, 2008

comment comments

For lack of any picture worthy knitting progress, (although the Kauni sleeve is moving along nicely...) I thought I would comment on some of the comments I've received.

Carol said:

If you are still in a cleaning mood, you can come to my house (that gets you away from all the people pissing you off) and clean my house (which will burn off some pent-up energy) and I will give you beer and snacks and stuff.....and then you can show me how to spin (since you will have brought your wheel) and life will be good. For a while anyway....

Two things - the cleaning jag is over - sorry, you're on your own, and I don't spin. I don't have a wheel or a spindle, and I am trying desperately not to get sucked into the spinning black hole. I knit, I sew, I weave. I hope to keep it at that...

Tracy said:

Could you do the simple top down black raglan on your LK150?

That was always the plan - Once I clear off the crap from the top of the machine. I don't use my machine much since I keep if for simple stockinette stuff, and most of the knitting I do is either lace, socks and colourwork. And yes, I know you can knit socks on the machine, but I hate seams in socks (even the Bickford seam is noticeable), and doing socks on the machine defeats the purpose of portable knitting. But a raglan cardi - absolutely. I will make up a swatch, and plug it into my Sweater Wizard software and crank out a pattern. I still plan on hand knitting some sort of edging, however...


Dierdre has commented on the fact that we keep missing one another at shows and such. I know! This is annoying. We both knit (a lot). we both buy wool (a lot). We both are influenced by other blogs and buy looms (the same one!) We live not that far apart! - Deirdre - we HAVE to meet up soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just noticed that Kaffe Fassett and Brandon Mably are coming to Serenity in Newmarket October 10.
You lucky knitters!! Their calendar has quite a few Ontario stops for knitting, quilting, colour etc. Should be a good meeting. Marlyce in Windsor ON
(and considering going to hear/see them at Mackinac Island in May)

Anonymous said...

"I knit, I sew, I weave" AND you do beadwork, and scrapbooking. I see spinning in your future..........

Carol said...

Okay, bring your knittin' you ornery person. I already cleaned the bathroom today, so screw the cleaning too. There will be beer and snacks still.