Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I. Got. Colour.

I may not be knitting it, but I got some yarn colour in my life last night:

2 skeins of Socks That Rock Silkie, and 2 skeins of Noro Kureyeon Sock Yarn. Talk about contrast - The Silkie is just that, a silky blend of merino and silk, soft and squooshy, and heavenly. I have Lucky Canuck to thank for this - she and I did a little trade last night. She has easy access to Lettuce Knits, and when I found out they had a new shipment of this stuff, Lucky was kind enough to go there and get me some. I reciprocated with some stuff that she can't easily put her hands on, so it's good all around.

The Noro on the other hand, can never be described and soft and squooshy and silky. Like all Noro yarns, it has a rusticness and scratchiness in the ball. But the colourways! Oh, man, the colourways are stunning! The colours here are a little washed out (due to crappy light at 6am), but they are beautiful. And a Joan and Elizabeth were both working on socks from this last night, and it felt softer on the needles, and should soften again with some washing. I guess it's a wait and see thing. I will check with the husband and see what he thinks - I don't know how he would feel about slightly scratch socks. He's been spoiled lately with the merinos, tencels and bamboos...

But... I won't knit them yet. I am committed to getting the hoodie done, so it's back to the beige...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm interested to see what everyone thinks of the new Noro sock yarn. I can picture the gorgeousness, 6am and all!

Needles said...

I saw some of this at my LYS yesterday. It is gorgeous. And I was surprised at how reasonably priced it was. A little on the high side for daily use socks, but entirely do-able for all budgets.

Carol said...

Yeah, the colour on Noro always sucks me in....