Thursday, April 03, 2008

the new obsession...

As mentioned, I'm debating taking up scrapbooking, or some other such paper craft. It's kind of hard not to, the new job makes it very easy.

I've done a sheet for my Mom for her birthday, commemorating her grandson's first visit to Florida. My son helped - he did a lot of the placement, and writing. I'm thinking of using an album, and giving her pages every now and then, so she can fill it. We'll see how she feels about it.

But I really think it's card making that will be the paper craft of choice. I've picked up a few stamps, inks, embossing powders and other such things. My husband's 84 year old uncle is getting married on Saturday, and I really think a hand-crafted card would be perfect to mark the occasion. We're not invited, as they are keeping it extremely small, but he is family, and she's a sweetheart, so I'd like to mail this off to them next week, after the wedding. (after the ceremony, because what if one of them gets cold feet??) I mean really, 84 and 82 years old! Both have lost long time spouses, found each other, and instead of just moving in together, have decided to marry, because the living together just isn't proper. If that doesn't deserve a hand made card, I don't know what does...

I whipped this up last night. Seriously, in the same amount of time (or less) than it would take to go to the store, look around, and buy one, I created one at home. Next up, something for hubby, as our anniversary is tomorrow - 16 years!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are amazing! I love the wedding card especially. When you see a Hallmark card for almost $5.00, then you know it's getting tossed into the blue bin later, making them makes so much sense. It's worth it for crafty folk to spend the same amount and make something I bet the recipients will hang onto. Those kids these days.

Anonymous said...

P.S. How did you make the various words. Are they those rub-ons?

Needles said...

I love these.

You are so right. Might as well make something as spend the same money on something that doesn't come from your heart.

Carol said...

Lovely. Have you looked at ATC's? I've toyed with the idea, but jsut haven't got the time...

deirdre said...

LOVE the cards - and Happy Anniversary!

Saren Johnson said...

Nice job on the card!

Congrats on 16 years!!