Monday, April 21, 2008

done and... almost done

The baby hat is complete, and I must say, very cute:

Fleece Artist sock yarn, 3.0mm double points, my own pattern, made up as I went along. E-wrap cast on, picot turning row, catch the hem on the matching row, knit until it looks the right length, begin decreases, hope they look right, get down to 4 stitches, I-cord top, done. (I'll never make it as a pattern writer...)


The hoodie is in the final stretch - I could cast off any time now, but I will continue knitting until Tuesday, bind off, block it, and wear it on Saturday at the Knitter's Frolic.

Anyone else going to be at the Frolic? Lucky and I are meeting early, sharing a decadent breakfast, then hitting the Market. No classes for either of us this year, so it's all shopping, all eating, all knitting. Unfortunately, I can't stay around too late, and won'[t be going to Lettuce Knit for the Launch of Big Girl Knits 2 (Sorry Amy!) since I have guests coming for dinner. As it is, I'm leaving a ton of preparation in the hands of my husband and son while I am Frolic-ing, so there's enough stress going on. Will they tidy up? Or just play basketball outside until I am due home? Should I lie and give them the wrong time to expect me, and show up early? Catch them red handed ignoring their chores? Whatever. Things will get done, and it's my best friend and her husband coming. We have the unwritten rule - "if you're coming over to see my house, you need to give me two weeks notice. If you're coming to see us, then come on in...".

Plus they bring their two black labs along. I'm going to sweep my floors before the shedding begins? I'll wait until they leave, and do it then...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The labs will at least sweep all low-lying tables with their tails for you! Great hat. Love the colours. Great for kids without being cutesy-pootsey.

Needles said...

I love the hat. The colours are simply wowsers. This is going to be one lucky baby.

Needles said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carol said...

Hey, that sounds like a pattern to me....as for the house cleaning etc...the dogs will take care of any foodlike object on the floor and you can say their tails pushed stuff onto the floor....Or, as my mom used to say,"clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be happy"