Monday, April 28, 2008

FOs!

I will have a full post about the Knitter's Frolic, but right now, I'm pressed for time, and I'd rather wait until I can do it justice. But I do have knitting to show - I finished the coffee bean socks. These are a merino/tencel blend - I bought the yarn in Kitchener last year at the Sweet Sheep, and it's by xxx. Lovely stuff - soft and squooshy, a tiny bit splitty, but no immensely so. As you can see by the fit, these are not for me - either husband will be getting them, or another man on my Christmas list - we'll see. I did leave them out on the kitchen table, and I leave the house before my husband gets downstairs in the morning, so he may have already appropriated them!

Another FO - you've seen it before, but I have a modeled shot. Lucky was nice enough to take a picture of the hoodie on me while we were at the Frolic on Saturday. It is extremely comfortable to wear, but it does stretch with wearing. No biggie - I love it and it will get a lot of wear. If you can't wait to see what I bought, check Lucky's stuff - I bought similar, but as I said, time is short, so you'll have to wait to see what I came home with... I will say I was very good, and restrained myself to cash only. No credit cards were injured by me on Saturday!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

And a fine haul you did make! Excellent shot of the sweater. What a fantastic photographer. I can attest to all, in person it is a really great piece. Well done!

Anonymous said...

I love it - it looks fabulous! One of those pieces that quickly becomes a staple in the wardrobe. What's the cast-off edge on the sleeves and hem? It looks like there is some kind of special finishing.
Nancy

Saren Johnson said...

Like the sweater, it looks comfy!

Anonymous said...

"No credit cards were injured"... I love it!

Carol said...

I am looking forward to a synopsis of the Frolic. Since I couldn't make it, I will live vicariously through you!