Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Spring!

I hope your weekend was a nice as ours. After months of dark, dreary, snowy, wet days, we had a Spring weekend in the Toronto Area. Sunshine, weather where you didn't need a parka, scarf and mitts, (but a sweatshirt was useful...) and generally, just a day to be outside. My son and I got the bikes out - after the initial bout of "bike butt" all is good. I'm going to need some accessories for the bike this year - a back carrier and water bottle holder for sure. We rode over to the school for a bit, then took a roundabout way home. Saw tons of people outside, just enjoying the day. Son saw some friends, and left me to play with them. I also washed all the sheets and got them outside on the line - heavenly! There is nothing better than outside air dried sheets. Although having to wear my boots because the ground under the line was still snow covered seemed a little surreal...

Knitting was done - sleeve one of the hoodie is complete, sleeve two is well under way, and the body is an acceptable length, although I will add to it if I have enough yarn (I do) and time (debatable - I want to wear this to the Frlic). Now, I know the Frolic is weeks away, so time shouldn't be a issue, except for the want, nay NEED, to start something with some COLOUR! I'm forcing myself to stay true, but it is hard. I've got some yarn in the queue for a shawl (or two) from Alison's book, and I'm itching for some lace work...

I also did some sewing. I've packed away the tweeds, checks and heavier fabrics until the fall, and the cottons, rayons, eyelets and other summer fabrics have come to the forefront. I'm going to be known as the border print queen soon - but how can anyone resist this? Wonderful turquoise cotton, embroidered over with taupe flowers and borders...
Just look at the border detail! Pretty, no?
Plus, waiting in the wings, white and green and orange embroidery (already cut out and waiting to become a tunic),and lime green, just itching to become a summer dress, and maybe a skirt or capri pants...
and eyelets! Destined for skirts, shells or maybe a tunic to wear over a tank top...
Can someone PLEASE figure out a way to get about 36 hours in a day? Just until August? I could really use the extra time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the same taupe-coloured eyelet as your bottom photo! I was thinking of a tunic to wear over skinnier pants for it. I like it all! Bring on spring!

Carol said...

I love the blue on your "border" clothes. That is beautiful!

deirdre said...

Just love the turquoise border print - I haven't sewed anything for years, not since I made my maternity wardrobe (and my youngest just turned 12, so it's been a while), but you almost make me want to again...

almost