Tuesday, July 03, 2007

back to the grind...

Well, we're back. And the family is intact, even though we had some rain on Saturday which basically kept all nine of us in fairly close quarters. That's not always fun or easy. Hubby handles it better than I - he is one of five kids, and is used to a lot of people around in small spaces. I on the other hand have one brother, and always had the option of being by myself if I so wanted.
Regardless - it was great to get away, and I regained my knitting mojo. I had not been feeling the love lately - I think a combination of the onset of warm weather, and a general malaise about life - brought on mostly by a not-so-great work situation. It may or may not improve, and I'm basically in a wait ans see situation. I have been looking around, and had a couple of possibilities, but we'll see...
On to the knitting. Some I can show you, some I will just tease you with.
What I can show:
a completed sock - a wonderful hand dyed denim blue 100% merino yarn. First of a pair for my FIL for Christmas.
Meilenweit self striping - this is about 5 inches further up the leg by now (got a lot done on the drive home last night). This will go in the Christmas box - probably for a good friend of ours.

I finished the second Salad wristie! I love these - so quick, so nice, and from the interest shown by friends at the cottage - could be very popular this year...

Now the stealth stuff. To explain: I'm working on some original designs for a friend. (or for myself, we'll see where it goes). But, until I work out the kinks and write up some patterns, there is only a hint of what could be...

rainbow hand-dyed - that's a picot cast off you sort of see...

brown cotton lace - looks like crap now, but I have high hopes for this...

green wool and mohair/silk with beads - another fave, but it needs serious tweaking...

I'm looking forward to a short week - we have to pack in a lot in 4 days, and hopefully, Hubby packs in enough so that we can go back to the cottage for the weekend. And after next week, we will be there for an entire week - by ourselves! I can't wait...

See you at the Guild meeting tonight!

4 comments:

TracyKM said...

Loving all your stealth knitting. I truly think you're knitting faster than the speed of sound!

Saren Johnson said...

WOW!! Can you find my knitting mojo? I think I've last seen it hanging out at the pool hall with the unsavory types.

Carol said...

Holy knitting Batman! That's FO's I see there! A rather impressive amount of knitting, I would say...

Anonymous said...

Dr. Evil still has my knitting mojo somewhere in his evil lab and I'm hoping I'll get it back before Austin Powers 4.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing the Stealth Knits! (That would be a great book name...)