Thursday, July 05, 2007

well, crap.


I have the same percentage chance of this as I do of job satisfaction. I wonder if there's a connection here...


I've notice around the blogosphere, that there seems to be a loss of knitting mojo. I went through it too. Before the Canada Day weekend, I would look at my knitting bag - overflowing with projects on the go, and luscious yarns waiting to be knit up. Nothing. I would pick something up, and put it down. I attributed it to the heat we were experiencing at the time. I think, for me, it was more than just the onset of summer. The job satisfaction thing yesterday, while a joke, really does reflect my work situation. My job is sucking too much life from me, and the politics and crap around the office are not worth it, in the grand scheme of things. However, saying that, the lifestyle we have chosen for ourselves dictates that I need to bring in an income for the next little while. Hubby and I have looked at things, and I can take a drop in pay, if all other things line up. (closer to home, less stress, etc. etc.) So, I'm looking. As I said yesterday - I'm not going to jump from the frying pan into the fire - the jump has to be a worthwhile one.

Once we came to this conclusion, my knitting mojo came back. (A long weekend at the cottage really helped as well. Nothing like knitting by the beach to make things all better!)

I hope to leave behind any more conversation about bad work situations - The next time, I hope it is about a change. I'll try to keep to knitting (and some fun stuff) from here on in.

Oh, and I will continue to post pictures of purchases. Sigh. I have to stop reading other blogs. I have no idea how long it takes to get a package from EarthFaire.com I guess I will find out soon. I blame Dr. Stephannie for this latest credit card accident. See why I need to keep working??

(I didn't buy the same kit she did. You'll have to wait to see what I got. I hope it arrives before I leave for holidays...)


2 comments:

Carol said...

Ah yes, once you have made a decision about what you rdirection in life will be...then the knitting mojo comes back. I can tell when I am stressed out over something. I stop wanting to knit. Once I make a decision, ANY decision, it comes back....although I am studiously avoidning knitting store websites right now......stash...must knit stash...

Cindy G said...

Mmmm, yeah, I didn't even know Earthfaire existed until someone who shall remain nameless mentioned it in a comment. Actually, it's a great site and I'm glad to know about it (though holding onto my credit card for now.)