Friday, July 13, 2007

gone fishin...

Yup - in the immortal words of Dennis Miller, I am outta here! (Just for a week, I haven't quit. Yet.) Going to the cottage for a week of fun, sun and my boys. I can't wait, We are in severe need of this week.

I've packed way more knitting that can possibly be done by one person in the time span, but that's what I do. Come on, admit it - you do it too, dontcha? I know you do...

Son is hot to trot to learn how to water-ski - I was 8 when I first got on skis, so he thinks that's what he will do. I can't wait to see it.

Hubby is planning on reading a few good books, and spending much needed family time. He's also talking about rebuilding the back deck steps. He always needs a project. Remember last year? Cleaning out the storage room? Or as we now call it - the "Harvest Gold Toaster Burial Grounds"? Really. There were 4 harvest gold toasters in there. And about 10 glass coffee carafes. (From every coffee maker that has ever been there. The coffee maker died, we kept the carafe).

Wanna see a quick knit before I go?
Seriously quick - one evening to string the beads, one evening to knit it. I'm in love. I've just added all my beads and tiny needles to my "take to the cottage" stuff.

Off to my staff meeting - I can't wait...
ETA - total gloss over - it seems everything is just peachy keen around here! (yeah, right...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the staff meeting. (Keep your thoughts firmly focused on the week ahead!)
Enjoy your time off!!
Nancy

Janis said...

I hope you have a good week off!

And the one time I didn't pack enough knitting, I ran out of yarn on the one thing I DID bring. Which I had to have finished for an event later in the vacation. And it was with Kureyon, so even if I found a close yarn store, there was almost no way they'd have the right colour. I did a quickie finish with some black Patons Merino from a Michaels, and just now, six months later, am getting around to finishing it with the rest of the Kureyon. Because of course, I did have more. I just forgot to pack them.

Next vacation, I'm bringing like, five projects, just in case, and more yarn that I'll ever need.

Anonymous said...

That bracelet is sooo cool! You have to show how to do that at our next Guild meeting. I totally love it and I have a somewhat substantial stash of beads that I could use to make some ;)