Friday, July 06, 2007

whether or not depends on weather

Hubby and I had been debating going to the cottage this weekend. My BIL and family are not going - they are attending a wedding in town. This means that my son will not have his cousin to play with. My SIL won't be there to provide a buffer between me and my MIL. Hubby is ridiculously busy at work. We are going up next weekend for an entire week. All of these factors meant we were leaning towards staying in town. Hubby could work, Son and I could go to the zoo or maybe a movie, or just hang out.
Then we saw the weather report. Stinking hot all weekend. That decided it. Even though the cottage has no air conditioning, and our house does, I'd still rather be there on stinking hot weekends. The zoo on really hot days is not as much fun. The animals are slugs (can you blame them?) and it's too hot to do much.

So after work, I'm hitting the grocery store and we're heading up. I'll be back Monday with pictures. I plan on knitting small little things that will not heat up my lap. Or maybe I will just read. Or maybe, do nothing. In that case, you'll get pictures of lake, margaritas and beer. I'm sure you understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you say margaritas?

Carol said...

I vote for margaritas...